Please upgrade your browser.
Interested in exporting your products abroad but not sure how to get started?
Want to find out what incentives and programs the State of New Mexico offers to businesses interested in exporting?
Just curious about trade and want more information?
This presentation is for you!
Edward R. Herrera the Director of the Office of International Trade for the State of New Mexico will cover the following topics:
1) Using SBA State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) funding for international trade show participation to gain exposure to markets abroad including designing your own Gold Key Marketing matchmaker plan overseas with assistance from the US Department of Commerce and funded through STEP.
2) Working with ancillary programs of the NM Economic Development Department including JTIP and LEDA to grow your business.
3) Utilize NM network of foreign trade offices in Taiwan and the Middle East to generate trade leads in the Greater China and Mideast region.
4) Planning for Export, the basics of Export Plan development and implementation.
5) Establishing and managing a foreign distribution network
6) Shipping, Import Duties and regulatory environment including ITAR concerns for high tech goods with potential military or dual use.
The Office of International Trade was created by the legislature within the New Mexico Economic Development Department to support job creation, retention, and expansion by assisting New Mexico companies to capitalize on opportunities in the competitive global marketplace. Success in the export market is critical for small and mid-size companies since it is estimated that 96 percent of consumers are located outside the U.S. By recent estimates companies that export pay higher salaries on average and have reported a 32 percent increase in revenue as opposed to a 19 percent decrease among those companies who only pursue the domestic market.
|Powered by NeonCRM|